- Three performance poets, performing original and/or legacy works
- Educational information about Chicago’s history of slam and performance poetry
- An engaging, exciting, and entertaining interactive format
- Poets write poems on the spot and perform them live– your students choose the winner!
- Voices of Chicago– our most popular format, featuring Chicago performance poets sharing their lived experience and Chicago’s poetic legacy
- Social Justice, Antiracism, Anti-bias
- Black History Month
- Latinx/Hispanic History Month
- Women’s History Month
- Graduation Celebration
- Tailored– our performances can be tailored to your community’s interests
Poets can visit your school for a day or a week and set up workshops with one or more classrooms– this is usually following a school-wide assembly.
PROGRAMS RUN VIRTUALLY AND IN-PERSON AS NEEDED
We offer our programs in-person, virtually, and with hybrid options.
We’re currently running regular virtual assemblies & workshops for CPS and other districts (including three performance poets and interactive elements for students), and an all-virtual, social-justice themed summer residency.
RESERVE PROGRAMS FOR YOUR SCHOOL
Ready to learn more? Reach out at email@example.com
MEET OUR POETS IN RESIDENCE
Our teaching artists are active Chicago poets, internationally touring performers, and published authors active in the Chicago literary scene. They are also skilled educators trained in our program methodology. Click on their headshots below to read their bios, or find our full list of teaching artists here.